Thursday, April 24, 2008

Soccer Mom!



It appears as if he might have both
feet off the ground, but we're thinking
that must be a mistake!

So, after being snowed out the first week Trey has since had two weeks of soccer and so far seems to be loving it! It's kind of a fun set up in which they have a little practice for 30 minutes and scrimmage for 30 minutes. Trey figured out quickly that he didn't really have to dribble the ball all the way to the middle and dribble back and then he could be sure to be the first one done. He's definitely not my most coordinated child, but he's gonna be my biggest. (So much for my big pro athlete contract..jk) During the scrimmage he was just running around not knowing what to do. When I told him he could take the ball from the other team, he looked at me like I was crazy! What?!? You mean I can take something away from someone and not get in trouble?? That's against everything I have tried to teach him since his brother was old enough to hold toys!! Hopefully he'll get the hang of it soon. If not, he'll be old enough to play T-ball next spring. Now that's when the REAL fun begins!

2 comments:

The Latham Family said...

Okay, this is the moment that you have been waiting for...watching one of your boys play sports! How much fun to get to hear all about it and see the pictures! I can't believe that you're an actual soccer mom! You're the one who got me so pumped up about sports when I was in high school (and by the way, it stuck!), so I can't imagine how awesome you'll be with your own kids! Can't wait to hear more about it!

Aston said...

Wow... it's official you are a true soccer mom. I can't believe how big he looks. This is all going by so fast. I wonder if years from now we will be repeating our converstation from yesterday about the boys growing up. It's true they will always be our "little" boys.