Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Why did I wait so long?

Just a little background....When I was 18 the dentist told me I had the wisdom teeth of a ten year old. I was pleased to hear that and hoped it would stay that way. Unfortunately, a couple years ago I started to feel one of them begin to break through the skin. I was not looking forward to having them out because I had no idea how much money it would cost. In my mind it was going to be like thousands of dollars since we had no insurance. Well, I finally got insurance through LeRoy's work and I went to the dentist today for the first time in years. Sure enough, the dentist told me 3 of the 4 wisdom teeth need to come out. They gave me an estimate of cost: $700 before insurance and about $230 is my expense. I was shocked!! I've put this off for this long over less than 300 bucks!?! Bummer! Either way, I'm happy to finally having it all taken care of. Oh yeah, and surprise my 15 year old fillings will have to be replaced. All in all, I'm pretty pleased considering how long it's been since I've been to the dentist. Let's just say I don't intend to go that long again. Moral of the story: Things usually aren't as bad as you might think!

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Good Luck Honey! Invest in Motrin and Ice CREAM!

Coleman Family said...

Yay on it not costing as much as you thought! I'm sure it won't be that bad - mine were all in and they came out super easy. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

Danae said...

Good luck getting your wisdom teeth out! I had mine taken out about 3 years ago. It's not too bad, but stock up on some soft foods...

Aston said...

Ohhh my goodness. Dan just found out that he has to have his wisdom teeth out too. We are waiting until school is out. Dan is such a wimp when it comes to the dentist. This is not going to be fun. Good luck with yours too! Hopefully you are braver than Dan. You have to be ... you have had three experiences much worse than getting a teeth removed.

Melanie said...

Just think of all the co-pays you saved over the years! Way to be FRUGAL;)

Just thought I'd pop over and say hi to a blog fan. I'm always glad to meet other members of The Church and fellow $ saving mommies.

Best Wishes:)