Monday, September 6, 2010

Moving to Spokane







In April we left our beloved Cheney and moved to Spokane. My Dad took a job in Fairbanks, Alaska to be closer to my brother. When they left it looked like my brother was going to have to deploy to Afghanistan in November. Fortunately, it's now looking like he won't have to so his kids will hopefully be able to stay with him even without my parents. But either way, my parents are there and we are here. The kids really enjoy being here and having a place to place and kids to play with. That makes it worth it to me so I don't cry everyday anymore. I miss my wonderful Cheney life and the friends with whom we lived that life, but things were changing there, too. Rosa and Blaine moved to Canada so Blaine could continue his doctorate work. I am so excited for them, but sad that they are so far away. Marissa and Jared moved to Seattle to be closer to family, so that's good for them, too. Life is all about change I suppose, but sometimes I'm not a big fan. So, I am finally settling in to life here. I have resolved myself to making new friends and embracing a new life. It's gonna be hard. But if there is one thing in life I know, it's the fact that I Can Do Hard Things!



No comments: