Sunday, March 2, 2008

Wow.....what a day!

After four and a half years of being the mom I have become accustomed to waking up in the morning to sounds of my children. In the last three months, I have accepted the fact that the time I wake up might be earlier, way earlier, than I would prefer. Today, however, was different. Rachel didn't wake up until 7:30, but I woke up to the phone ringing at 7:00 with the first of three phone calls saying they wouldn't be making it to church to teach their classes. My husband reassured me that everything would be fine because it always is just fine. It turned out to be a most wonderful day in Primary in which I was reminded that the Savior Jesus Christ is always near us and when we need Him the most He really does carry us. I am so thankful for the blessing of the restored gospel in my life and I know that I should share it more with those around me. I love having the opportunity to serve the children. They are so sweet and have a pure love of Jesus. I love the Prophet and I am thankful for his loving guidance and the truths that he teaches through his amazing stories. My life is better because I know where to turn when I need help and instruction. Words cannot express my love for Jesus Christ and his Atonement that allows me to repent. I hope that I can try harder each day to live my life more like I would if I could really see my Savior 'standing nigh watching over me' .

2 comments:

Aston said...

I miss you! Thank you for your beautiful testimony. Can't you move to Havasu so that my girls could hear and see what a wonderful example you are of a God-fearing woman. Love you!

CAMI said...

I dido jess's comment! wonderful testimony!