Monday, February 25, 2008

I Love Shoes.....especially ones for Baby Girls!





The day was Dec 31st when my sister in-law called and told me about a website that was having a $1 and $2/pair sale on baby shoes. I got right on that! I managed to limit myself to 20 pairs (a decision I regret now) and placed my order. As you can imagine they were extremely backlogged and my confirmation letter explained that my order wouldn't be processed until mid-February. No problem, I'm patient. When the 'Your package has shipped' email came, I faithfully tracked my package using FedEx tracker. Saturday February 16th my package was delivered. The only problem was that I didn't have a box on my porch. So where could they be? After several calls to FedEx, I was left with no answer. Everyone kept saying, "I'm really sorry for the inconvenience." This was beyond inconvenience people! Finally I was left with no choice but to fill out a claim for a lost package. Too bad the $60 I paid for those twenty pairs would only get me like three pairs in the real world and obviously at such an amazing price all the shoes were sold out. To say the least, I was way bummed. For over a week now I have obsessed over how a box large enough to hold that many shoes could just disappear! I kept asking LeRoy if I was overreacting and he patiently said, "Probably, but it's okay." I'm so glad he understands me. His patience paid off and today my prayers (literally) were answered and a nice young man came to my house with a package that had been delivered to him. I must have looked like a total fool! I just babbled all over myself, though I did resist the urge to cry. Now Rachel is totally sick of shoes after having tried on a half dozen pairs, but how cute she will be for at least the next four sizes! I should have ordered more! Thanks for listening to my babbling. There really are good people out there! For this, I am truly grateful!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are so cute! I'm glad they finally made it to your house! My poor kid has absolutly no shoes. Where do you find all those?!

Aston said...

And why did you not call me? I am so happy for you! I love shoes. I just got the cutest pair for Em's Easter dress at Children's Place. I missed shopping with you and this is silly but I went over to the baby girls section to see what you might be looking at ... :( I miss my CPL buddy.

Celeste said...

I almost cried for you half way through the post... what a nice guy! What would he have done with all those shoes anyway?? I'm going to have to come over someday and see your great buy!

CAMI said...

Um so why didnt you tell me about this sale? Im jelous but glad you got her shoes! we too Luv shoes- and bows- well girl stuff in general!

Woodrich Family said...

You are sooooo retarded!!