Monday, July 20, 2009

Kyler's first day of preschool.....




Kyler has been looking forward to going to preschool since Trey started almost two years ago. He's been talking about it being his turn since Trey graduated last month. He was super excited and chatty in the van on the way there last Monday. Everything changed when he went to step out of the van. A look of horror falls over his face and he says, "Mom, I don't want to go to school." I walk/half drag him up the steps. He slides past Miss Shira without speaking despite the successful role play in the van of how we talk to our teachers. Once inside the building he starts to melt down. Miss Shira scoops him up ignoring the shouts for "Mommy!" I walk out the door hoping the screaming doesn't last too long, but really thinking to myself, "Two down, one to go!" By the time I got home, Miss Shira had already called to assure me that by the time they were around the corner he had stopped crying and was talking about what he had eaten for lunch. So today we are going to start another week and he's pretty excited! I can't believe I have two kids old enough to be in school and my Trey is starting Kindergarten this fall. I so proud of their smart little brains and desire to learn. Kyler is really trying to keep up with Trey and Miss Shira has already told me that since he knows his letter sounds that they are going to teach him to read. Great, just what I need, another kid who thinks he knows everything! I love you, Kyler!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww such big boys!

Danae said...

That's interesting that preschool starts now for you guys. Elizabeth has been pestering me about when preschool starts since Emma finished kindergarten. Congrats to Kyler!

Sheila said...

Yipee! It's so great to hear Kyler's in school! SEth starts back soon too! One more year and Spencer will be on hiss way... Rachel will be there sooner than you think too! Enjoy the solo time with the "baby"