Monday, August 18, 2008

Out of the mouth of babes.......

I am amazed every single day at how quickly Rachel is developing. She now totally has the crawling thing down. She isn't very fast yet, but I know it's only a matter of time. She's taught herself how to pull herself up on things. She's trying to walk along them, but it's usually only a step or two. And my favorite thing is that she is babbling more and more. "Ma ma ba ba ma ma ba ba" It's so fun! The other day I was trying to get her to just say Ma Ma. As I was saying it over and over for her, Trey pipes up and says "No Mom, she only says that when she's crying." I'm afraid it's true. She's reached the point in which her cry sounds exactly like "Ma Ma Ma Ma" I thought it was a very astute observation for him to make.
So, LeRoy's family is in town and our nephew Adam (7) is sleeping in the boys' room. Tonight Adam comes out and says that Kyler is keeping them awake. When LeRoy goes in to ask what's going on Kyler says, "They're bothering me. "How are they bothering you, Kyler" "They're trying to make me be quiet....They're saying bad words" "What bad words are they saying?" Disgusted Kyler responds, "Be quiet." I must say that if I were two and didn't want to go to sleep, I would probably thing that "be" and "quiet" in combination would be very bad words to here! As LeRoy was leaving Kyler started talking to his stuffed dog named Peanut. LeRoy told him to go to sleep or he was going to take him away. "It's not a him, it's a her." What a goofball! Oh, how I love the things my little ones say!

No comments: