Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Root, Root, Root for the Indians........

Tonight we went to the Spokane Indians game. They are the Single A baseball team here in town. Unfortunately in the chaos of needing to nurse Rachel and both Trey and Kyler needing to go potty when we first got there, I managed to leave the camera in the car. I'm not too bummed since we are going back on Monday. LeRoy's office (Spokane Youth Sports Association) has season tickets, which is a great perk! Though I have learned that the price of tickets is minimal compared to the amount of money we spend on food while we are there. Anyways, it was a Azteca Fiesta Firework night, so they had a little firework show after the game was over. The boys thought it was awesome and Rachel only flinched at the booms instead of crying like she did at the air show. Our seats are great because the four seats are set up two in front and two behind with a little bar around it (single A version of Box Seats). The boys climb all around and switch seats, etc. One lady came up to us during the middle of the game to tell us how much fun she was having watching our kids. It seems to me someone told us that last year. I wonder if that was her, too. I'm glad they entertained themselves for the most part so I could watch the game. I just love being at a baseball game with the sound of the ball caught in the catcher's mitt, or crack of the bat, and especially all the cheesy songs they play. It just warms the soul! Too bad we don't live in Seattle so I could enjoy the game while chowing down some Safeco Garlic Fries, my absolutely favorite food on earth!! Maybe next year........

3 comments:

CAMI said...

I am glad your back.... I love baseball games... i haven't been to one in a long time.. I miss them.
I love the pictures of Rachel eating off the floor- we have a few of those and this is my first kid!
Heather only says mama when she cries too- its dada she says when she's happy! and hes not even here to hear her~no fair huh!

Aston said...

I'm so jealous. I want to go to a game sooooo bad but the closest is Phoenix ... gas prices have made that almost impossible. Dan went to a Dodger game and I thought I was going to lose it. I have been craving Dodger dogs (the best hot dogs ever!!!) Dan decided last night that he is switching his attention to college football. He is very frustrated with the Dodgers. I just smiled and asked when the USC game is. There is nothing like a summer night watching baseball.

The Latham Family said...

We have a team here, too, and it is a lot of fun to go. You're right about the food, though! What a fun mommy and daddy your kids have! They are too lucky!