Monday, February 16, 2009

Tonight's FHE


Tonight is my night for the Family Home Evening lesson at our house. We've been struggling for months to get Kyler to eat. I've tried the power struggle and it just doesn't work, especially not with Kyler. I had heard about the mypyramid.gov website and hadn't really looked at it. So, today I got on and they have a whole little section for preschoolers. So, I've printed off a chart for each of them showing what foods and serving sizes for their respected ages. I'm gonna laminate them and put them in the kitchen/dining room somewhere. I have a page for them to color and a little work sheet for us to write down what they eat in a day. I hope that somehow it might help Kyler just a little. You should totally check it out! And if you have any ideas on how to convince a child to try something new without saying, "I don't like it," I will forever be in your debt. Have a great family night!

2 comments:

Terry and Nicholle said...

Good luck... Juan doesn't like food either. Does it seem to be any specific texture? He may have a sensory disorder like my boys if it seems to be food of a secific texture. It may also just be a contorl thing. He is at the age where they control whatever they can...!!! I don't have any good advice, we just say they have to eat as many bites as they are old. It works with Juan =)

Sheila said...

You could laminate them into place mats!!!!