Thursday, July 24, 2008

Best Friends!

Wow, do I have the best friends ever!! All of you know, I'm not the tidiest gal on the block, but the clutter has been a little beyond normal lately. A dear friend stopped by today and volunteered to stay with the little two while I took Trey to school. Upon my return she informed me that she wasn't leaving until we did some good old fashioned Flylady (see flylady.net) crisis cleaning. Five hours later...after a few breaks and lots of putting away, we enjoyed a lovely dinner together. Thanks to the fact that both husbands were working late, we weren't feeling too guilty about spending the day together. Just minutes after she left, another sweet friend shows up with everything needed to clean the bathroom! Perfect timing, considering Kyler had pooped in the toilet I just cleaned today and I really didn't want to do it again. But even the worst chores in the house are more fun when you have somebody to do it with! So we cleaned the bathroom together and she ran along home to put her little girlies to bed. That left me at 9:00 on a Thursday night aka So You Think You Can Dance result show night! I hurried along to my geographically closest friend for a little SYTYCD and forced myself on her bathroom between commercials. I just couldn't end the night without paying forward all these wonderful things that happened to me today and boy do I feel good! So, a big thank you to all of you for serving me and allowing me to serve you! I thank my Heavenly Father for fellow Sisters in Zion. I am so completely blessed to have such wonderful people in my life!!

2 comments:

CAMI said...

How nice- Isn't nice to have good friends! I miss having close ones around now that Im here in Boise and don't know hardly anyone-lil lone a good friend I can count on!
WEll it was nice to come over and chat before we moved- I feel like when we moved to the other ward we lost contact with the 2nd ward a lil and our friends there!
Ok I caught my self up on your blog since its been like ages since I blogged:
SO Heathers been teething for like over 6 months and still no tooth to show for it all- I cant stand it-has rachel got one yet?
Im sorry you were all sick- I am so scared of that- we have both been sick but not the up chucking together thankgoodness!!
I love how quick your boys are-also I love the guitar heros pictures! and lastly the water pictures were adorable! well now Ive done a novel- hope all is well!

Aston said...

Thank goodness for wonderful, supportive and assertive friends. I swear there is some little pocket in Cheney were people serve and love each other without thinking of anything else. I don't know if it is the humble setting or that all the young couples are usually students but why or what doesn't matter ... I just miss being part of it. Wish I could have been there for all the cleaning fun.