Monday, September 1, 2008

Crunch Baby!

For those of you who don't know, LeRoy and I manage the trailor park where we live. Don't worry any joke you might be thinking of, I've already told it. I've come to embrace it all! In fact, I've been known to refer to myself as "Queen of the Trailor Park" since I the manager. LeRoy has been patient enough to tolerate living her since it has allowed us to stay in Cheney, which he knows I love, instead of having to move into Spokane. Anyways, the owners of the park also own several other apartment complexes. This time of the year every moves out and new people move in. As managers we take a small part in getting them moved in. This year they asked if I wanted to do the check outs for them. I said sure after learning there would be about 90 units turning over and I get paid ten bucks each. I'm always game for an extra $1000! So, I spent Friday, Saturday, Sunday going from one check out to the next (minus a 3 hour break for church, thank goodness for that!)from 8 in the morning until 6 or so at night. My family has been so supportive. My mom took the boys, LeRoy took a little time off and dear Rachel has been kept up late and has spent a whole lot of time in the Baby Bjorn! Today was a day full of check-ins since it's the first of the month. We started at 8 and finished at 5. Rachel got one pretty good nap this morning, but since LeRoy went into the office for a few hours this afternoon Rachel had to just tough it out. Right before the 4 o'clock appt she was screaming. I gave her a biter biscuit (side note: she only eats the Gerber brand. I have a little brand snob already) That held her off for a while but by the very last check out she decided she was done. She was tired and took it upon herself to do something about it!

It's all been a little stressful. I'm sure to break out with a lovely cold sore in the next day or so, but I've been reminded of what a strong woman I really am! Now granted I have completely let my house go and I swear if anyone came to the door I would probably pretend I wasn't home, but I have done a lot of things and overall I would call this weekend a success!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Bless your heart. I remember doing the CRUNCH time and what a stressful period it was. I'm thankful for the opportunity we had to do it, so we could survive during school, but I am sooo much more thankful that we aren't doing it anymore. Keep up the good work.
Thankfully it doesn't last forever.

The Latham Family said...

Oh the things we do for our precious families! We're so lucky to have them, though!

Celeste said...

Seriously, with the cracker crusted baby strapped to your chest you are definitely Queen of the Park!

Woodrich Family said...

They are definitely worth it, Jenn! And Celeste, at least I've got cute clothes on and no cleavage hanging out. Not that I normally do, but truly trailer gals do!

Amanda said...

Hey-
I remember the managing days...yeah we sure don't miss them! It was good for us at the time though.