Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My attempt to end a day full of screens.

So, I'm sick. LeRoy gave his rotten cold and I feel like crud. Needless to say, the boys have spent a ridiculous amount of time on screens today between the computer, television and CARS learning game thing. I knew from the beginning that LeRoy would be at work late for his Baseball meeting which always helps with bracing myself for a long night. At five o'clock I decided enough was enough. I fed the boys cereal for dinner because that's what mom's do when she's sick and the dad's not home and they thought that was so funny that they were eating cereal for dinner. Afterwards, Trey told me toys were boring. I told him he needs to learn to make it fun. So this is what we did..............


The hats are made from a car track that the boys got for Christmas a couple years ago from Grandma. Hey, at least they still play with it....kind of.


I set the timer and ran....






Now the kids are in bed having brushed teeth, read scriptures, and sang songs. I just wish LeRoy would get home with my french fries and ice cream so that I could watch American Idol. Yes, I think I just heard a car door shut!

3 comments:

Celeste said...

Um, you are sick and still wanting fries and ice cream?! You really are sick...

Sheila said...

It's funny the lengths we'll go to in order to try to keep are kids at peace when we feel miserable. I had pneumonia once when Robert was deployed - the kids got some sort of breakfast food for dinner everyday that week - it was just easiest!

Danae said...

Looks like you guys had fun. We are having a movie and easy day ourselves today. The twins AND Elizabeth were up a few times last night and I am exhausted! Not a good way to begin the day. Hope you had a good evening with LeRoy.