Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fulfilled!

I am so glad to be a member of the Relief Society of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I had the opportunity this evening to attend the annual Relief Society Broadcast and as always I left feeling excited, inspired, capable, strong and ready to take on the world. I love my Heavenly Father for providing opportunities for me to learn and grow. The thing I got most out of the conference was from Elder Uchtdorf's talk. He told us that in order to be truly happy the way that Heavenly Father is happy that we have to do what He does. We need to create beautiful things and provide compassionate service. So, my newly found saying is "Create and Compassionate (pronounced so that 'ate' in compassionate has the same sound as the ate in create). Get it? So it may be that I'm the only one that thinks that is clever, but I'm okay with that. It works for me. Everyday I plan to ask myself what I 'created' and who I 'compassionated'. It could be that a beautiful creation is of only relative beauty, but who knows. I am thankful to be associated with absolutely AMAZING sisters in Zion here in little Cheney Washington. My soul is filled by being in their presence and my love for life is increased as I speak with them. Thank you to all my sisters all over the world who love the Lord and strive always to do what He would have them do. I love being a woman! Though there are times that the emotions that come with that are almost more than I can bare, I know that it is that passion that drive me to greater things! I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ! I am forever indebted to them for this Plan of Salvation and an Atonement that allows me to repent and become better. I have so much work to do. I begin again today to try just a little bit harder. I can do it! If I do the Lord's will, I cannot fail.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

You know, if I had read this post before day one of create and compassion-ate- it would have made a lot more sense. It's all good, I just feel silly for my previous comment.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! For writing about this experience! I had all those same wonderful feelings after the RS meeting and the next day. Well, this is Wednesday and those warm fuzzy have crawled under the couch with the clean socks that haven't been put away. But seriously, thank you for reminding me that it IS good to be a woman and the power we have is to be used for good and NOT for ignoring our husbands and hoping they will do everything for us. Your post has inspired me to let go of hurtful feelings and get on my knees and ask for forgiveness. After all we do have a deal which you and I sometimes forget: If you are calling with a problem, please pray to the ultimate healer before calling me to complain :) Notice how I haven't called in awhile? It's not cause there aren't problems!!

I love you my little Annika!! You are a source of strength for me. Thank you!