Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Trey aka Boy Wonder!



So after months of me avoiding the thought of teaching Trey how to read, he has truly just taken it upon himself to a whole new level! He's sounding out words like you've never seen out of a four year old! Now he still likes being read to first, but when left with no other alternative he will read things on his own. Cat and the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham are a piece of cake now. We found some old kid books at my mom's house from when I was little and he's loving that. The other day he had a book and he told me, "I just have to learn three more words for this one, Mom." I hope that he continues to be excited about it and I look forward to the day that he will like to read to his siblings more. Though I did catch him a few nights ago with Kyler! Moments like this make being the mom all worth it!

No comments: