Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Kyler's 3!!

Kyler's birthday celebration actually started the Tuesday before Thanksgiving with Grandma on her way to Seattle to help out my brother. She brought him a pumpkin pie and one of his presents.




He was very excited!

He was singing to himself.
LeRoy decorated the table for him for breakfast.

Kyler LOVES eggs but not the yellow. So, for his special day I separated the yolks and just fried up the whites. He's such a weird eater.
Here he is ready to eat!
Trey the cheeser!
Just a family of monkeys!
We let him open one present in the morning.
This is a clue to our new goal at our house.

Ever since we went bowling for LeRoy's birthday, Kyler has wanted to go bowling for his. I thought for sure that at the last minute he would change his mind for Chuck E Cheese, but he held strong. Boy, was I grateful. Not only was it cheaper, but way less stimulating!
Trey thought he was pretty hot stuff!
Kyler ran back to see how many pins he knocked down.

The ball almost stopped once it hit the pin, but continued on the knock down on the the 1 and 5 pin. I'd never seen anything like it!

Kyler changing it up a little.

Anybody who has ever seen Kyler run has a greater appreciation for this shot than those of you not fortunate enough to witness his sprinting form.

I seem to have missed adding the pictures of Kyler making his cake. Despite his lack of desire to eat, Kyler loves to cook. I thought it only appropriate that he be able to make his own cake. He loved it! He picked out the cake mix (someday I'll help him do one from scratch) and he wanted blue frosting with Curious George.

After searching far and wide for a Curious George to put on it, we finally just printed a picture off the computer and Trey volunteered to color it. Grandma cut out construction paper balloons which I then decided to stick around the sides. I thought I was pretty clever and I think it turned out pretty cute! We are really trying hard at our house to prepare for potentially hard economic times in our country and around the world. I called this cake Great Depression worthy which is probably blasphemous compared to the reality of what those individuals went through, but it was made with things we already had in our home. I was proud and Kyler loved it!

Rachel did more damage on this cake than on her own two weeks ago!



Grandma, look what Kyler got!


All in all, it was a very fun day! I am so lucky to have such a fun little Kyler at my house. He makes us laugh everyday and he is just as smart as his brother! We love you, Kyler!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey cute pics. will you send me your address so we can get a Christmas card to you. dmss30@gmail.com

The Moon's said...

Awesome cake! I miss our big family get togethers with you guys!

Matt & Bernadette Crawford said...

Love the cake! What a great idea. I think Nolan may need to barrow Kyler's new book!