Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Whew....what a week!

Wow! Boy, am I glad last week is over! Most of the week was spent getting ready for Sounds of Christmas. Our stake here as an annual tradition of an evening of Christmas music performed by members of our stake and community. Though I was noticing this year there weren't as many members of the community. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it was only like 5 degrees outside and less with the wind chill factor. And anyone who has ever been to our Stake Center knows that the wind out there is crazy! I was very blessed to be able to participate in a couple roles. I played the piano for two ladies to sing solos. Those went off without too many mistakes. I really enjoyed being able to turn pages for my dear friend, Suzy. I was exceptionally glad that I didn't have to play the song with four sharps! And then I got to sing in the Stake choir which I just love. I've said for years that I can't really sing. I have what my dad and I refer to as a choir voice. I can sing the right notes, but it's not really pretty. It's fun and it gives me an opportunity to get away and what better way to feel the Spirit than singing songs about the birth of Jesus Christ. There were some amazing numbers including a young missionary who played a couple classical guitar songs. Wow, he's definitely gonna be able to pick up some girls when he gets home! And Suzy and family plus a couple sang Homeless from the Forgotten Carols by Michael McLean a capella. They were amazing! Two teenage boys who will also certainly be able to pick up some girls someday. It was a super fun night! I am thankful for a husband who was willing to put the kids to bed every Sunday night for six weeks. I am so lucky! The night was a great addition to our Holiday Season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard you were pretty much the piano player for the evening and did a fantastic job!!