Sunday, October 5, 2008

I Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet!


I am reminded this weekend of my experience last conference in regards to President Thomas S Monson. I was not able to watch the session in which they held the solemn assembly to sustain him as the prophet. I was really sad after President Hinckley's passing and I wondered how I could possibly love another prophet as much after all he was the only prophet I had really ever known. I could barely remember the ones before. Luckily a few months before April Conference I made the decision to get satellite which allows me to record all the sessions. A few days after while Trey was at school and the little ones were sleeping, I watched the recorded session and participated in that solemn assembly. I felt a little silly as I stood and raised my hand to the square to sustain Thomas S. Monson as the prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but I am so grateful that I did. I was covered with an overwhelming knowledge that he was a prophet of God put here on earth to lead and guide us. Today as I listened to him speak in both sessions I was filled with an incredible love for this man. My heart was full and my eyes wept as I heard his voice and listened to his stories, which I have always loved. I look forward to reading the transcripts and developing a plan on how to implement the messages into my life. But if nothing else comes from this weekend's conference, I can honestly say that I know that President Monson is a prophet, I love him, I thank my Heavenly Father for him and I will follow him all the days of my life!

No comments: