Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Random........

My brain has been a little maxed as of late with a lot of things going on. I wanted to write down a few things for the sake of keeping record since I don't do it anywhere else. First off a conversation I heard the other day between Trey and his friend. I am not exactly sure what they were playing since I was making dinner and they were in the other room, but this is what I remember hearing. Friend asks Trey, "Hey, did that freak you out?" Trey responds, "Yeah, that fruck me out!" At first, I thought I was going to die!! Then I realized that evidently 'fruck' is the past tense of freak. So for all you English majors out there, be sure to make a note! I've been laughing about it all weekend.
Saturday was a good day. I had an Enrichment meeting in the morning. I volunteered to fill in for a friend to do the lesson. It was on a talk by Jeffrey R Holland entitled "My Words...Never Cease" It was a wonderful talk and I was grateful to be able to bare my testimony of the Book of Mormon and President Monson. I was so glad to leave with my cup feeling full. We had to go straight from there to Trey's soccer game. I couldn't find his soccer shirt, but I found one the same color so I wasn't worried about that. We got to the game and drove around the parking lot half a dozen times before we found a spot. I unloaded the boys and went around the car to get Rachel out only to realize that I had locked Rachel and the keys in the car! I have never been so sick in my whole life!! Luckily, it was a nice day. Not too hot and not too cold. LeRoy drove from the football field to unlock to door for me. The most amazing part was that she remained pretty happy the whole time right up until about two minutes before LeRoy got there. I felt very blessed about that. I ended up getting to watch about ten minutes of Trey's soccer game. He did a great job! He is becoming a good little soccer player. I am very proud of how hard he works. Next week is his last game. I sure hope I remember to bring the camera!

2 comments:

Coleman Family said...

Oh Annika! I did the same thing when I was babysitting once! My friend's sliding glass door locked behind me and my 1 year-old and her little friend were stuck inside! Luckily the manager of the complex was home and unlocked the door for me. The things we do to our kids.....:)

Celeste said...

Busy little Annika! I love that talk by Elder Holland. He is truly an apostle of the Lord!

Nice work with locking the keys in the car :)