Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A little something special.......


LeRoy and I celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary in August and LeRoy bought me tickets to go see Phantom of the Opera. Tonight was the big night! I talked my mom into watching the kids. Luckily Rachel went down really easy even after having not nursed since six. She's such a good baby! I had a lovely time and LeRoy humored me. I am so glad to have a husband who tries to appreciate the things that I love! As we were walking back to the car I wanted to sing and dance. He just smiled at me as I skipped along. Once we were in the car I asked, "Doesn't it just make you want to dance?" "No," he said. I said, "Wow, that's soo weird." He laughed out loud and said something like, "Yeah, I'm the weird one." So, I took that to mean that I'm the weirdo at our house. Hey, I've embraced that! Thank you, LeRoy, for a wonderful evening.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I've seen Phantom twice. Once on Broadway, and once in Portland with Robert. I loved both times and was greatly encouraged that Robert loved it as well. You can "teach" farm boy to enjoy beautiful stuff (other than a cows udders anyway!) Come see me and let's go see Les Miserables or Beauty and the Beast or Lion King on Broadway?!

The Moon's said...

So i Just got caught up with you. Holy Cow woman! My parents didn't tell me anything about Keith (I mean your dad ;) going into surgery or anything. But I totally know what you mean about our knowledge of the gospel. Funerals are always a bit sad for obvious reasons but they always help put things in perspective for me and a renewed since of gratitude for the Gospel of Christ and having grown up with it.

And another note, I totally would have been skipping down the sidewalk with you, I love being silly!