Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It was a first for me!

As a girl who has been playing the piano since I was seven, I can honestly say that I have played in a lot of different places. Though I still have a few dreams like playing at Christmas time in a mall somewhere or learning to play the organ in the LDS Conference Center, never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined playing in the church by flashlight! You see it is a relatively common for the power to go out in Cheney and that's what happened last Thursday at our ward building right in the middle of practicing for Young Women in Excellence. We decided to make the most of it and someone found a flashlight so that I could see my music and all the girls used their phones to see their's. I have to say, it was pretty funny! The weirdest thing was that the lights came back on, but then went off again before they came back on for good. My mom was watching my kids since LeRoy had a meeting. She was such a good sport and just found some matches and tealight candles. The boys thought it was great except for the fact that it interrupted their computer game! I figure it won't be an experience that I will soon forget, but I wanted to write it down just in case. After we finished practicing we went on our way to the temple where the youth were able to participate in Baptisms. What a wonderful fun day! Oh how I love to be in the temple no matter what the occassion...even if I spend it wiping up water. I can't express enough gratitude for the blessings that come from serving. If you ever need a 'pick me up,' do something for someone else. It works every time!!

No comments: